CEB Sales Effectiveness Solutions: A premium-priced software organization revamps its go-to-market strategy to increase market share and meet the growth expectations of its parent company, Cox Automotive.
Vice President of Sales | vAuto
- Continue to hold top position among franchise dealers
- Improve sales to independent dealers
- 248% YOY growth in sales to independent dealers
- Positive feedback of Challenger model from customers and participants
vAuto was working hard to protect its leading position among franchise dealers and to more effectively reach the largely under-penetrated independent dealer space.
Standing in the way of growth was:
- A fixed and shrinking prospect pool of franchise dealers.
- Copycat competition offering cheaper solutions and undermining vAuto’s position with existing customers.
- An unfamiliar segment of independent dealers with highly varying business models, goals, and needs.
vAuto aligned its go-to-market approach to Challenger Selling™ best practices.
During this journey, vAuto:
- Designed new-in-kind Challenger™ conversations for its flagship products through our Challenger™ Messaging workshop.
- Armed managers and sellers with Challenger skills needed to deliver higher- value interactions with the customer through the Challenger Development Program™.
- Realigned its opportunity management process to customer verifiers to drive better qualified leads and more accurate forecasts.
Nine months following the program deployment, vAuto recorded 248% YOY growth in its sales to independent dealers.
Just 60 days following the seller workshop, 97% of participants reported that:
- Challenger skills will help them more effectively do their jobs.
- Challenger skills have helped them progress or close an opportunity.
- Customers have reacted positively to the Challenger model.