The key challenge of B2B selling today: customer purchase processes are overwhelmed by an increasingly large and diverse number of customer stakeholders who can’t reach consensus on a common course of action. As a result, suppliers’ primary challenge isn’t improving their own ability to sell; it’s addressing their customers’ inability to agree.
In this environment, the best companies don’t focus on building a tighter connection between their capabilities and individual customer priorities. Rather, they focus on building a broader, more productive connection among customer stakeholders that is essential to the buying process and purchase decision.
Drive growth by creating customer consensus.
Pre-Order the Book
Read The Challenger Customer: Identifying the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results.
Consensus Buying Infographic
Learn why B2B buying is now "purchase by committee" – with more stakeholders than ever before.
The Challenger Customer Webinar
Hear this groundbreaking research presented live by the authors.
About Executive Guidance
Since 2009, CEB has delivered a series of cross-functional best practices to guide management teams facing key decisions in the year ahead through its Executive Guidance publications.
CEB produces new issues quarterly, focusing on the top trends influencing bottom-line performance in the new work environment and prescriptive guidance for members on how to embrace them in their own organizations.
Previous Executive Guidance Editions
- The Employee Performance Paradox (2015 Q2)—Balancing Execution with Impact
- The New Quality Imperative (2015 Q1)—Using Culture to Secure Competitive Advantage
- Growth Unlocked (2015 Annual)—Closing the Strategy-to-Execution Gap
- Reducing Risk Management’s Organizational Drag (2014 Q3)—How the best companies encourage healthy risk
- Harnessing Business-Led IT (2014 Q2)—How the best companies find opportunities in business-led technology spending